Before creating a Proprietor Code you need to ensure that you have a valid Class III Digital Signature Certificate and the same is installed on your computer.
Proprietor Code can be created online on the Trademarks Registry’s Website. To create a Proprietor Code you need follow the below steps.
- Go to
- Click on Trademarks;
- On the next page, click on Comprehensive eFiling Services for Trade Marks;
- On the next page, click on No Account? Sign Up;
- On the page, click on Proceed for Registration;
- The Next Page will display the New User Registration Form; on this page, select “Proprietor” in the type of Applicant and in the Enter Code box, type your (applicant’s) name and click on Search;
- On the next page, type your (applicant’s) name in the box and click on Submit;
- On the next page, click on Add New;
- On the next page, select the Proprietor Category and fill up the form, the form requires basic details like:
- Service Address (where you want all notices to be served);
- Trade Description (Brief description of your business);
- Trading As (Business Name);
- Legal Status (Company, LLP, Partnership Firm, Trust, etc.).
- Once you have filled the form, click on Submit and a Proprietor Code will be generated.
You need to mention the same Proprietor Code, for all applications made under the same name.