Have an idea? Thinking of Starting Up? Or just testing the waters? You might be reaching out to consultants, developers, manufacturers etc. to improve upon your idea. Have you ensured that your idea is protected and you are not losing ownership of your idea or your brand for that matter? Further, as your founding team comes together, it is important to put down expectations on contribution and ownership in a Co-Founder’s Agreement. You then need to decide what kind of entity you want to house your team in. Its also important you take certain precautions. What if the idea materializes into something big? You don’t want to regret not having your developer bound by obligations to hand over the cool product that you conceptualized! This workshop helps you navigate each of these crucial decisions.
This workshop will cover the key issues an entrepreneur needs to tackle at the very outset, including:
– Co-Founders’ Agreement
– Hiring a web developer
– Deciding on incorporating an entity for the business,
– When to quit your current job
– Protecting your idea and your brand through trademark
– Startup India – How to register? What are the benefits?
– Hiring: HR agreements, policies and processes,
– Protecting your intellectual property
– How do they work and answer questions like – Does the employee have to pay money? Can they get shares upfront? What happens if they leave the company?
– Most commonly used structures, mechanisms and terms
– Tax consequences
– Overview of process of fundraise
– Structures for fundraise – Convertible Note, Loan, Equity, CCPS!
– Term sheet and the various terms of investment – how to effectively handle negotiations with investors
– Due diligence – what does it mean and what does the process entail
– Share purchase agreement, share subscription agreement, Shareholders’ agreement – understanding the various documents
– What all do you need to do to get money in bank!